As 2011 Volunteer Of The Year Dee says, “Helping others is by far the best way to help your-self and receive so many positive affect by making a difference – I encourage anyone in difficult circumstances to look outside themselves and to helping others as a way of coping with healing their own circumstances”.
The major fundraising event for Friends of Autism is Bankwest Movies by Burswood, an outdoor cinema operating from December through April. Screenings are staffed entirely by volunteers and all profits are donated to charities assisting children in Western Australia.
Other volunteer opportunities include:
- The annual FOA street appeal
- Assisting with group sessions after school and during school holidays
- Assisting the toy and information library co-ordinator
- Joining the Fundraising Committee
- Volunteering at fundraising and social events
If you would like to assist Friends of Autism please contact our office
Friends of Autism
P: 08 9440 6800